Netflix is one of the most used Online streaming platforms in the world. From its originals to remakes, Netflix has streaming content for every age group. It is as entertaining for kids as it is for adults. Netflix has tons of content that kids can watch, but it also has countless shows and movies that are not suitable for kids but are reachable for them. But, thanks to Netflix, parental controls allow parents to oversee and control what their kids can and will watch. It helps parents block mature content from their kids and show them what they need to watch.
Proper settings are available on the Netflix android app, but you get several additional options on your web browser. Parental controls are the best way to teach your kid and allow them to manage screen time alone.
Here’s how to set up Netflix parental controls?
- Click on your profile icon after signing into your account.
- Scroll to manage profiles.
- Add a profile on your kid’s name and continue.
- Click on the new profile icon you created.
- Scroll to maturity settings
- Enter your password
From TV-Y (6 and under); to TV-Y7 (7 and younger); TV-G/G (general audience); TV-PG/PG (parental guidance), select the content age and set the rating according to your kid’s age.
If you want your child to interact with Netflix independently, enable the Netflix Kids experience under the Kids’ Profile area. The Kids mode has a simpler UI and restricts access to all settings. For example, under Title Restrictions, add the names of any shows that you don’t want your kid to watch.
- Click Save.
Locked and Separate profiles for everyone
Making separate profiles for everyone allows privacy and lets everyone watch what they want without crossing the boundaries of age limits. However, it doesn’t allow kids to peek into their parents, siblings, or other adult profiles.
- Scroll down to “profile and parental controls” on the account page.
- Click on the down arrow along each of the five profiles.
- Come to “profile lock,” click change and enter your password.
- Check the “require a PIN to access profile” box and enter a PIN.
You may also apply a PIN to your Netflix account to prevent children from creating new profiles.