Fortnite is one of the most played games in the world. Gamers play it on all kinds of devices eligible for Fortnite like Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, iOS, PC, Mobiles, et cetera. But did you know that the game can also be played on a Chromebook? If you came here searching, you most probably know that Fortnite can be played on a Chromebook, but why? Read to the bottom to learn how to download Fortnite on Chromebook and enjoy playing it.
For those who do not know about Fortnite, Fortnite is a free-to-play, player versus player and the multiplayer game developed by Epic games company and was first launched on Nintendo switch. There are a variety of characters in the game from the world of the movie. Last year Captain America tapped in as a character. It won people’s hearts as we all know that Fortnite can only be played on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, and there is no official way to download it on a Chromebook. But that doesn’t mean that it is impossible. Read further to know how playing Fortnite on a Chromebook is possible.
First, enable Developer or Recovery Mode on your Chromebook
To play Fortnite on your Chromebook, you need to install an APK in the operating system. But the problem is that the Chromebooks current security batch doesn’t let you download files from external sources. The solution to this problem is to turn on the developer mode, which will notably erase all your accounts data.
Read below to know how to turn on developer mood on chrome.
- First, turn off your Chromebook.
- Hold the Esc and refresh key to boot your computer into recovery mode while pressing the power button.
- Some Chromebooks have a recovery button inside a little hole on either side, which you can access with anything thin, like a pin.
- You will be asked to insert a recovery media, press Ctrl + D.
- You have done it; your Chromebook will boot in a few minutes.
Now set your Chromebook for Fortnite.
- Open your Chromebook settings. Click on the bottom right section displaying Time and battery information to open settings.
- The gear icon opens the settings.
- We need to grant access to our Chromebook to download files from external sources.
- Navigate to the Apps menu from the settings.
- Turn on the “Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook”, which can be found in the “google play store settings.”
- In some cases, some devices already have the Google Play application. These devices do not display the “Turn on” option; they are good to go.
- If you don’t see the Turn on button and your Chromebook doesn’t have the Google Play Store app installed by default, make sure it’s updated with the latest Chrome OS.
- If none of the options above work for you, it’s likely that your Chromebook doesn’t support Android apps.
Now, download Fortnite on Chromebook.
- Open your browser.
- Open fornite.com/android.
- Select the file compatible with your PC.
- Download and install the beta that you want.
- If you face any problems, you can also use your android mobile to download the APK file, which you can later transfer to Chromebook.
- Double click on the downloaded APK file to install it on your Chromebook.
- The Chromebook will show you a WARNING; click on continue.
Finally, play Fortnite on Chromebook
- Launch the epic games application. You can locate it from the search option.
- Select Fortnite from the games list displayed.