Using a web browser or the Pinterest mobile app for iOS or Android, this article shows how to delete one of your Pinterest boards.
Steps to Delete a Pinterest Board
Pinterest boards are useful for organizing your pins by topic or category, but they don’t have to remain on your profile indefinitely. Continue reading to find out how to delete a Pinterest boards at any moment.
- Open a web browser and go to Pinterest.com or open the Pinterest app on your smartphone and sign in.
- Select your profile image in the upper-right corner of Pinterest.com. Tap your profile image icon in the bottom menu of the app.
- Select Saved from the drop-down menu.
- Hover your mouse over the board you wish to delete on Pinterest.com, then click the pencil symbol in the lower-right corner beneath the board. Tap the board you wish to delete in the app, then tap the pencil icon at the top of the screen to delete it.
- Select Delete (web) or Delete board from the editing choices at the bottom of the page (app).
- To confirm the deletion, select Delete forever.
You can’t delete numerous boards at the same time. If you want to delete more than one board, do it one at a time.
How to Merge or Archive Pinterest Boards?
There are two less permanent solutions if you don’t want to erase one of your Pinterest boards forever. Instead of deleting boards, you can choose to archive or merge them in Step 5.
When you archive a board, it disappears from your profile and Pinterest stops making suggestions based on its pins. You can unarchive it later and restore it to your profile if you like.
You might not need a board any longer. Still, if the pins it contains are good and might be used on another board, combine the two. This is accomplished by converting an undesirable board into a new part on another board.